privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Friday, April 28, 2023

Finally Friday

A report from the follies of us.  We have made it through another day without a disaster.  Undercounter lights fully installed.  Above cabinet lights and decorations are mostly in place. The smart plug has a code on the back to help add it to Google home.  That is on top of the cabinets.  So one more trip up the step ladder to get that scanned.  I'll swap the light's place at that time.

More and more of the counter top is being emptied of the little projects.  The guest bath closet was organized yesterday.  That allowed me to clear out a large amount of the items in the utility closet, also.  That is what settling in is about, it is getting things in a place that makes sense for our lifestyle.  Not the lifestyle of the rich and famous but old and what is our life ahead.  Will I really maybe paint a bit again?  Will we maybe go camping sort of again?  Who knows but we can have a few things in place in case we decide do more than sit at home.

This place is starting to feel like home as familiar things start appearing.  Two of the smart plugs still are mad at me but I just don't care.  They have no idea what they are missing.  We have not found Hubby's backpack.  It is lost.  Along with his earbuds.  Lord only knows what else was in the bag.  Does not matter.  It's just stuff.  Hubby is still here and that is all that matters.

I have cooked meals two nights in a row.  That tells you how much we have accomplished.  I need to do laundry tomorrow.  That will take up about 4 hours of sitting in the laundry room.  Hubby is sort of encouraging me to go ahead and get a washer and dryer.  We'll see.  Right now I do not want to have to think that much.

Other than the fact that we have been having thunderstorms every few days not much news from Austin.  Y'all take care.

Janice

2 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    See, little by little! Sorry to hear about the backpack/earbuds though. They may still turn up, you never know. I recently rediscovered something I thought had gone. In a drawer I rarely use. Got quite the surprise. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You suppose our child inner brains think playing hide and seek is fun and that is why we hide things from ourselves? There are hangers for the picture system we have not been able to locate, too. May be inside the backpack! namaste, janice xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings