There is such a contrast between the joys of the young women and the intense, full lives and our two mothers' lives. The brightness of the light of building lives against a backdrop of the darkness of fading lights of life is blinding at times. The light of Edna's life rarely shines. Mom's light is covered in the darkness of depression and deep sense of loss.
God, there's gotta be more than this at the end of life! While I thoroughly enjoy the younger voices, lately I am searching for older voices from Light. I begin the search in the blogoshpere. These are a few of the ones I find showing life after retirement and hip replacements. Lights shining from the 60', 70's and into the 80's and 90's. Several are political from differing viewpoints. May these blogs give pleasure and hope to all who visit, especially those of the 'senior' age frame.
- Margaret and Helen (I am not responsible for the content but I sure get a kick reading this)
- My Mom's Blog with Thoroughly Modern Millie ( I've visited for several months, love it! )
- The Elder Storytelling Place (site for story submissions from all ages)
- Grandparents.com ( Not a true blog, more of a resource, kinda grandparenting for dummies)
- Grandma's Musings ( Grandma has three of four blogs to visit from her main page )
- A Little Red Hen
- Dogwalk Musings
- Freaque Waves
- Golden Lucy's Spiral Journal ( no new posts since '08 )
- SandwichINK ( for those caring for parents and grandkids )
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THERE IS MORE THAN FORGETTING AND COMPLAINING!!!!!!!!!
Like this one last for your list:
On the Lighter Side ( this is a fun video post and not the main page )