privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Thursday, February 19, 2015

lonely

Carpe Diem Special #133, Fuyuko Tomita’s “how lonely”


A guest who is really a sister member of the Carpe Diem Haiku Kai is hosting our prompt today.  Paloma is an outstanding poet seemingly always finding new approaches to the sweet, short haiku or slightly longer tanka.  To read her full post click here.  
Lesser Ury. Woman at Writing Desk, 1898. WikiAr

How lonely I would be
left behind on my desk
an unfinished poem
in the glorious morning sun  


This is Paloma's take on lonely:

at the bird feeder
three cardinals are squabbling –
a love triangle?

the poem that nudges my ribs 
is fading with the laundry

Now for mine:

no phone calls
friends too far for coffee dates -
lonely shadows

left over memories -
spilling from the quill's point

©  Janice Adcock


Thanks to Chèvrefeuille arranging  for daily prompts on 

CARPE DIEM HAIKU KAI


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings