privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Spin Cycle - What Do I Love?

This week's challenge over at Lemon Drop Pie for The Spin Cycle is "What do I love"?  Such a variety of things from which I could choose!  A good steak, Andy's butter pecan frozen custard, dark chocolate, watching television for hours, leisurely days and traveling.  I must reevaluate the list, really, as these are things I like and truly enjoy.  They are things and the love of things seems so --- hollow.  So lacking in a true understanding of what love is really about after all.

Merriam Webster says love is:  1)  strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties
4)  a :  unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another: as (1) :  the fatherly concern of God for humankind (2) :  brotherly concern for others  b :  a person's adoration of God

Surely the strong affection for another arising out of kinship is an emotion I experience for my husband, son, grandsons, sisters, extended family and friends.  I feel benevolent to fellow humans.  Not as benevolent as I should.  I felt affection for my parents, my aunts and my uncles.  Dear, sweet Granny Chandler's memory fills me with love.  I am a person of faith.  I lack imagination to think of other ways I love.

Yes, love should be reserved for beings not things.  But I have to admit I surely would enjoy a bowl of Andy's Custard.  It would taste even better if delivered by my beloved friend.  Cause that is what really makes me love the custard is sharing with the people I love.  Guess that is why Mom always enjoyed having plenty of food around.


Thanks to The Spin Cycle Host Ginny Marie






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings