privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Monday, February 23, 2015

Rice Blossoms

Carpe Diem Little Creatures #18, Issa's "rice blossoms"


Credits: Rice Blossoms
To fully appreciate any of these posts you can see all the background by clicking here or on the sub-title.  The following is but a sample.  And then on the host page there are so many poets with their wonderful takes on the inspiration.

The master's work:
tombĂ´ mo ogamu te tsuki ya ine no hana 

the dragonfly too
folds hands in prayer...
rice blossoms


(c) Kobayashi Issa
In doing some research on the rice blossom challenge I came across another blog that was about a family and their small rice farm.  After reading posts from that blog here is my novice contribution:

https://louisianariceinsects.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/rice-evapotranspiration.jpg


jasmine rice blooms
dragonfly sips dew drops
green perfumed air

lacewing aphid war erupts
among gleaming golden heads


©  Janice Adcock



Thanks to Chèvrefeuille for daily prompts on 

CARPE DIEM HAIKU KAI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings