privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Friday, February 20, 2015

Yellow

Carpe Diem Time Machine #4, Yellow


Paloma has once again given an interesting prompt for the Haiku Kai.

Here is Paloma's effort at haiku inspired by the painting:

morning washing –
the scent of yellow grass

clinging to my hem 

long into morning -
the scent of mud and green things

baked on yellow stones
Vincent Van Gogh.  Langlois Bridge at Arles with Women Washing, 1888. Wikimedia.



drawbridge creaks
she bends to the drudgery
stone washboard

water drawn
kettle's boiling hot water
washboard scrubbing

conclusions drawn
whites neither grey nor yellow
washboard success

sketches drawn
mechanized wash day wonder!
washboard retired

curtains drawn
hillbilly band plays a jig
washboard strummed

©  Janice Adcock
Thanks to Chèvrefeuille and Paloma for daily prompts on 

CARPE DIEM HAIKU KAI





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings