privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Friday, July 3, 2015

morning glory



Inspirational challenge from our host on CDHK: 

Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

It's Friday again ... so it's Tan Renga time. This week's Tan Renga to complete is a haiku by Chiyo Ni, a wellknown haiku poetess who wrote her haiku in the way of Basho.
For this Tan Renga challenge I have chosen one of her most known haiku 'morning glory'. A real beauty.
It's your task to complete the tan renga by writing the second stanza towards it. This 2nd stanza has two lines with approximately 7 syllables each. A completed Tan Renga looks like a tanka, but is written by two poets.
asano eikou yoku baketto entanguru watashiha mizuwo motomeru

morning glory!
the well bucket-entangled,
I ask for water


© Chiyo-Ni

So here is my attempt at a response:


morning glory!
the well bucket-entangled,
I ask for water                    © Chiyo-Ni

morning glory nods it head
spilling dewdrops on my face   ©  petra domina


©  Janice Adcock

Thanks to Chèvrefeuille for daily prompts on 

CARPE DIEM HAIKU KAI






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings