privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Thursday, July 2, 2015

summer morning

Carpe Diem #767 natsuake (summer morning)


In the cool of summer's first morning she tends her garden.  A few weeds require pulling.  Containers of flowers request a drink.  The sun's rays the previous day had left the blooms a little thirsty.  The pump handle squeaks as the water is slowly pulled up from the earth's cool depths.  She walks slightly to one side to off set the weight of the filled watering can.

Two trips are required to have sufficient water for the few plants in the pots.  On the second trip back to the flowers she stoops to remove a withered leaf among the flowers.  The leaf startles her as it opens its wings to reveal a set of eyes.  Antheraea polyphemus has awakened to the summer morning, too.


eyes that never sleep
fooling those who see
. . one old moth

© Petra Domina





Thanks to Chèvrefeuille for daily prompts on 

CARPE DIEM HAIKU KAI



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings