privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Friday, December 18, 2015

Fresh Snow

Carpe Diem Seven Days Before Christmas 2015 #1 fresh snow


Children of warmer climes have been indoctrinated to desire snow at Christmas.  Growing up in one of the warmer climes, shorts were as much a possibility for Christmas Eve as heavy coats.  Then one meets a life mate from a northern clime.  A move ensues and the dream of snow happens.  A covering of snow that is not a dusting and does not melt straight away.  

Snowflakes on windows and windshields become the object of photos.  Heavier, warmer clothing is purchased to enjoy the beauty while sledding with the children.  The pristine white landscape reaching for miles.  As if all had been miraculously purified from above.

a snowflake
drifting slowly earthward
swirls in joy

©  Janice 'petra domina' Adcock

Thanks to Chèvrefeuille for daily prompts on 

CARPE DIEM HAIKU KAI






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings