privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Thursday, April 16, 2015

breath control

Carpe Diem #707, Pranayana (breath control)


The monks filed slowly into the cold room.  The chill penetrated the warmest of clothing.  But the monks with wet towels on their heads sat down on the cold, stone floor.  Each in their own way began the journey of mind over matter.  The journey began by simply breathing deeply.  In and out the breath of each appeared as a mist before the monks.  One could almost sense the change in the room.  Then one by one, the cold towels began emitting a cloud of steam.  The chill of the room was reduced by the warmth generated by the monks.  Not a parlor trick, the power of the mind begun by simply breathing.

the old pond
the frog lies buried in mud
breathing through skin

©  Janice Adcock

Thanks to Chèvrefeuille for daily prompts on 

CARPE DIEM HAIKU KAI



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings