privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

delusion

Carpe Diem #706, Delusion


A good deal of my life was spent thinking there was a special reason for my existence. That 'special' reason found me doing public speaking about the horrors of child abuse.  After intense training sessions, the word about a charter by the United Nations for the law of the sea sent me near and far spreading the word.  A leader at state level gatherings, a leader locally, a mentor for young mothers, Bible school, Sunday school teaching, working with underprivileged of all ages were but some of the special calls I felt.  People and causes alike were helped. 

Is there a 'special' reason for me to be in existence?  Was/am I deluding myself?  Who will ever know.  Special or not, yesterday my husband and I painted a room.  The room for a fourteen year old young lady who has become part of our lives.  The joy in her face when she saw the room was not delusion.  It was special enough to last for a lifetime!

http://northlondonchurch.org/ministers-blog/post/christology-for-amateurs-1-docetism
a distant lake calls
mirrored sky on desert sands
deadly delusion
©  Janice Adcock


Thanks to Chèvrefeuille for daily prompts on 

CARPE DIEM HAIKU KAI


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings