privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

taking flight

Carpe Diem Ghost Writer #43 and Carpe Diem Special #142, "taking flight" by Kala Ramesh


taking flight -
a butterfly shrugs off
its shadow

© Kala Ramesh


The silver skinned bird loosed from the bounds of earth, or in regular language, the plane took off heading toward California.  A vacation in the California sun!  Away from the chill of a long, gloomy winter.  A fall and winter that had taken the last two elders in my family, my sweet Aunt Opal and my own mom.  It has been a tough few months.  Lots of hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living, delirium and too much more.
©  Janice Adcock
With the last possessions of a 96 year life to be divided, photos and documents to be scanned I seemed bound to the past.  At the same time I was bound by a sadness for the loss of connections to the past.  Living in a shadow world.

Above the earth –
Looking down on meringue clouds
Sadness abating

©  Janice Adcock

Thanks to Chèvrefeuille for daily prompts on 

CARPE DIEM HAIKU KAI



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings