privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Monday, April 6, 2015

ancestors

Carpe Diem #701, Ancestors


The challenge text can be found here.  

on the ancestors' altar
without fail
a lucky wind blows            © Issa

on the credenza
the images of ancestors
lighted by a candle           © Chèvrefeuille



The kids that played funeral ©  Janice Adcock
Part of the way our family honors our ancestors is through story telling.  The Adcock Black Diamond Watermelon tells a migration story.  The Great Grandpa Adcock propeller for a wind generator built in the mid 1920's tells of invention and creativity.  An auto battery hooked to color paper wrapped flashlight bulbs by my dad in 1945 tells how recently rural America did not have electricity.  Granny Mary shooting two stray cats with one shot brings to mind a woman behaving in non traditional manners.  What child will not remember and honor ancestors that become more three dimensional, more alive, more fun? 

in reverence -
holding the antique shotgun
stories for grandsons

©  Janice Adcock

Thanks to Chèvrefeuille for daily prompts on 

CARPE DIEM HAIKU KAI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings