privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

immortality

©  Janice Adcock

As a retired person I have too much time on my hands.  At least that is what my son says when I say something about a recent project.  I worked on getting all the electrical, computer and other dangling wires wrapped together with velcro strips. With hobbies that include some sewing, enjoying nature, travelling, photography, watching Netflix and writing, I hardly have time to take a leisurely nap on the sofa.  You know, a retired person should have time to take a nap.  There are soccer, lacrosse and American football games to be attended.  To round out the time in the sun we can attend swim and track meets.  An occasional visitor to enjoy some time together and there you have it, no time for a nap.  

But there are those days when not matter what I do, the nap overtakes me.  I never move from my chair.  I sit here with my head dangling like a broken bobble head doll.  Chin on my chest with my head at a 30 degree tilt to the left.  Usually a snort or drool dropping on me or my husband calling my name will awaken me in time to watch Wheel of Fortune.  Well, maybe I do have too much time on my hands after all.  Just do not tell my son I fessed up to it.  Thanks, it can be our secret, forever.



immortality
names whispered across ages
alive in bird songs
©  Janice Adcock


Thanks to Chèvrefeuille for daily prompts on
CARPE DIEM HAIKU KAI



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings