privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

June 17, 2020

Things are fairly quiet around 2114 except for the painting that is still going on around the complex.  The most noise is when the lift bucket is being driven around the area.  Beep, beep, beep every few feet of travel.  The crew is still working on the railings.  As promised here is a photo of the some of the crew painting on the third floor.  They do go all the way to the roof line to paint the trim.  May I just say there is not enough money to get me to climb a ladder that high to paint.

It takes a special kind of human to have the balance and self confidence to paint while standing on a ladder rung.  

I do well to walk to the edge of the parking garage to take the photo.  There are steel cables to keep me safe.  These workers just have their natural courage, ability or some intangible something.  

Tomorrow is four weeks since my surgery.  The last three days I have been able to eat chicken with no problem.  Of course the chicken is in tiny bites and thoroughly chewed.  Strange as it may seem liquids can cause more problems with taking in too much too quickly with too much air.  Relearning to sip not chug my liquids is, well, teaching an old dog new tricks.  Maybe I need to get me sippy cups!  I do use cups with lids which does help.

Hubby's thearapy sessions are improving the shoulder issue.  Not healing, only surgery will do that repair work.  The strengthening of the supportive tendons and ligaments is relieving the work from the torn part of the rotator cuff.

A few days ago I was enjoying the early morning hours on the patio.  I had snapped a couple of photos when I noticed some movement in the distance.  Two hot air balloons were enjoying the calm morning, too.






For a bit of perspective the following photo was taken as the balloons were moving almost out of my sight.  They were never very close and it was really a hazy morning.


I have not been fast enough with the camera to catch the teenage bunny rabbit that is coming to visit.  Maybe I can get one of the painters to come help me.  The painters have great reflexes it seems.

Y'all stay safe out there.

Janice

5 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    the balloon images are wonderful and ethereal... and exude that sense of peace of a fine morning. The painters - well, I'm with you! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yam, the atmosphere was hazy and the sun gave a golden color to the landscape. It was such a peaceful experience. namaste, janice xx

      Delete
  2. I was on rung two of a three step ladder to paint my mum's room and that was plenty high for me. Plus it had two ends to hold it down. I can't imagine going up one of those! They would have to get me down from there, no way would I go down by myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mara, we had 3.5 meter high ceilings at one end of our living room in Springfield. I could climb a ladder we had to do the edge painting but I was not comfortable. But 4 stories, no way. My Hubby had a radio tower that was about 12 meters high. He was about 1/3 of the way down and froze up for some reason. I do not even remember how we got him down but we did. He was maybe 30 years old at the time. Yes, the painters are brave or crazy. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Yes'm. Those TexMex sure do a pretty swell
    job. God bless'm. Who sez they dont have a
    place in Seventh-Heaven for their skill and
    moxie?? God bless you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings