privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Thursday, June 4, 2020

June 4, 2020

Today we/I visited the surgeon.  I described challenges, areas of tenderness and even the white coating on my tongue.  The result was what I had hoped, all normal and part of the healing process.  Dr. Wade and I discussed the three regurgitation incidents.  The procedure took part of the stomach and wrapped it around the hiatal sphincter.   That is the 'trap door' (my words) at the bottom of the esophagus that allows food into the stomach.  After the procedure the stomach swells.  It does not swell outwards but inward onto the esophagus.  That is why food had probably backed up in the esophagus and was expelled.  As my healing continues the swelling will go away probably by the end of another 2 or 3 weeks.  In addition my stomach is permanently about 15% smaller.  

Bottom line for the surgery, I am released.  My voice continues to strengthen.  My body fells a bit better every day.  I mentioned to Dr. Wade I had cleaned the patio door and bath mirror.  He put his hands over his ears.  Didn't want to hear it.  He said at the end of two weeks, which was yesterday gradually add activities as I felt good about with no adverse reactions.  Okay, I guess I need to not push quite so much.  I had sort of figured that out when I slept on and off for about 36 hours earlier this week.  That is enough about health.

Yam had a post earlier this week about the new Blogger setup.  I played with some of the options under the three dots.   I chose left to right formatting.  Now I keep getting a little popup saying "We're sorry, but the value for field labels was not valid."  Not a clue unless the way I am attempting to select labels is an issue.  And I have not completely figured out how to see what labels have been attached.  That little black box is irritating as it keeps popping up for the unknown reason.

After the doctor visit was over we headed for a visit with DJ the grand dog.  She was as happy to see us as we were her.  Hugs, kisses and Grandpa asks if she wanted to go for a ride.  Off she ran to our car.  She was ready.  She jumped into the cargo area for the ride.  We had the back seats folded down so she had plenty of room.  Grandpa rolled down the back windows enough for her head and a paw to get through.  Not too much or she will be out the window and chasing squirrels.  Cannot have that.  Adjustments made and we three were off just in time to meet DIL walking back from a neighbors home.  She laughed that we were dognapping DJ.


Cruising the neighborhoods looking for squirrels is a favorite thing for DJ to do with us.  Car in low gear and we are on the look out for the squirrels.  Today the squirrels were all just almost teenagers, not fully grown.  We found about 10 and DJ finally saw about 8 of them.  She will whine then when she gets a bead on the squirrel soft barks.  The longer the squirrel stays on the ground the louder the barks become.  Once they are 'treed' the barking stops and it is time to head down the street squirrel hunting.

DJ gets so excited she started panting like crazy.  This happens every time.  That means that the back windows are streaked with dog slobbers.  We figured after all the excitement we probably should just take her back home.  After all we had been squirrel hunting in 94 ℉ weather.  Well, from the comfort of our air conditioned car with two windows partially opened.

It is sort of silly how much we enjoy taking that dog out for some squirrel hunting.  She is fun to watch.  We have driven the same neighborhoods doing this frequently enough folks halfway recognize the little hybrid car.  DJ's head hanging out the window makes it even the more recognizable.  We get smiles and waves.  Yes, it was really enjoyable to spend some time out of the apartment with our furry grand daughter.

That is about all for now.  Y'all take care and be safe.

Peace,
Janice












1 comment:

  1. Hari OM
    That is one lucky dog!!! Glad you have the all-clear. Any good news in these times has to be worth more than gold.

    As for your label message, it is possible you have reached limit. Each blog post can have a total of 200 characters of labels. Each post can have a maximum of 20 labels, and each blog can have a maximum of 5,000 labels. That's quite a lot - but it depends how systematic you are with labelling. To see your labels, you can select the symbol at top right of the dashboard (grey, blocky 'arrow' thing ... or the thing that says 'labels' in legacy mode) and it will drop down the list.

    If your habit has simply been to use keywords from each post, you run a chance of having too many there! The best labelling habit is to group generally. For example, "family", "Medical", "pets" and so on. You can use keywords for searching specific posts by placing those words into the query box at the top of your page (upper left-most), of by placing a search widget in your sidebar - where you can also place a labels list for your readers if you wish. (For these you go to 'layout' and 'add widget'.)

    Does that help? The formatting with left justification will not be causing the message pop-up. But if you were trying to place another label that you had not previously used and you have reached your limit of 5000 for the blog, you may have to have a 'spring clean'! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings