privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

June 24, 2020

Shortages of wipes for sanitizing are in very short supply.  My standing order with Amazon could not be filled.  The order has been in place for about 18 months.  In addition the dishwasher pods were not available on the Subscribe and Save side of Amazon.  I could order from just regular Amazon but really needed the sanitizing wipes.  I found wipes on Amazon 'Fresh'.  Limited to one canister.  Fresh had the pods I needed, too.  There were some other groceries I had failed to order from Walmart.  By the time I had added everything to the cart I had free shipping.  First time using Fresh so I was eligible for a $10 credit.  That made the purchase a no brainer.  Selected the time of 9 - 11 AM and pressed submit order.

By 7:45 this morning I was up, showered and dressed.  Not so much energetic but Leaping Lucy needed a walk.  The walk which must include lots of sniffing and marking was accomplished.  At 9:30 the driver was asking for a code to enter the building.  I had failed to put the pass code in the instructions.  Oops.  Code given and order delivered to the kitchen counter.  Of course the sanitizing began.  I used the last wipe we had in the kitchen to clean the grocery items, bags, etc.  Hubby, who was up and already playing ham radio did not realize any of the order and delivery had happened.   That is how smoothly the order and delivery went!


Yes, Leaping Lucy is with us till Sunday.  Her dad is meeting his sister, her family, and his parents in Destin, Florida.  He was flying.  A bit concerned due to the Covid 19 being on the upswing.  We gave him a travel size of hand sanitizer to use on the plane.  Of course, since he is my #4 sister's son he was one his way to be with that part of my family.  They are being really cautious with the social distancing, mask wearing and super cleaning of stuff.  #4 is seeing to that.  She had to make her own sanitizing wipes as none were available in the Dallas area.

 By the way, Lucy is, also, recovering from surgery.  She had to have an emergency surgery one weekend for bladder stones.  She stayed in the doggie hospital for a couple of days.  From the way she is able to jump on the bed I am thinking her recovery is moving faster than mine!  For right now we are snuggled together in my easy chair while I write the post.  Hubby is putting away his antenna for the evening.  Once he settles into his recliner, Lucy will go to him and snuggle between his calves on the soft leg rest.  But for now she is my girl.

Y'all have a good Thursday.  Stay safe and healthy.

Janice

2 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Darlin Lucy will bring some cheer, how could she not with those ears?!! &*> Yes, say what one might about Amazon, they have certainly been in prime (cough cough) position to handle the whole COVID fiasco... and I have used them for a few things. Not Fresh though. Have got Sainsbury's for that... equally efficient! Not being able to order flour or yeast or even baking parchment is a tad frustrating though. Hey ho... First world problems. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great that you have a good source for staples except flour, yeast and parchment. Yikes. The stores here have handled the shortages by limiting the number of items one can make. There is a shortage of some meats. namaste, janice xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings