privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Saturday, September 11, 2021

September 11, 2021

Twenty years since the four planes became instruments of death.  The tragedies of that fateful morning have been revisited for the last week.  The phrase "Never forget" has become the yearly mantra on this date.  For many, it is heard as a call to arms to fight the 'Muslims.  For others, it is a call to show compassion.  I am left to wonder how the nations in the Middle East feel about 9/11.

There is a statistic from Brown University that 897,000 lives have been lost as a result of the war on terror.  That figure is quoted in a lengthy article from Vox at this link.  Those are mostly civilians.  Just as the humans in the twin towers were primarily civilians.

It is difficult for me to fathom what it has been like for the people in Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, and the other nations affected by the war on terror.  Do not get me wrong to think I am accusing just our nation of causing deaths and injuries to the citizens of those nations.  Both the Taliban and the US Military bombed hospitals in Afghanistan.  Radical groups with nothing more than rocks and knives kill innocents.  I suspect that any remaining friends and/or family remember the dates of life-ending or maiming attacks.  They will remember who took responsibility for the actions causing their loved one's death.  And they will, just as we do, always remember.

Praying for peace,

Janice




3 comments:

  1. I watched a musical last night (Come from Away), set in Gander, Canada. Such an uplifting musical about a tragic event.
    Recent events in Afghanistan especially show that the War on Terror only costs lives and doesn't bring any solution at all. As long as there are people out there who think that there point of view is the only right one, lives will be destroyed. On all sides!

    Klem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately you are so correct. May we each continue to live safely surrounded by love. Klem.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings