privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Friday, September 24, 2021

Windows Open

What a glorious couple of days we have had here in Central Texas.  Mild temperatures but more important, low humidity.  Our home is about 138 miles (222 km) from the shore of the Gulf of Mexico.  Surprisingly, that distance is short enough to give our area high humidity, above 70%, most days.  Add in temperatures in the 90 F, 35 C, and it can be pretty miserable outdoors.  Makes for frizzy hair, also.

Hubby and I discussed the temps and humidity and decided we could enjoy the pleasure of fresh air.  We had purchased and roll-down screen for our front door several years ago.  Good thing I purchased the style when I did as I cannot find one like it to post.  I could get off my duff and take a photo except this chair is surely comfortable.  The apartment has stayed cool even while I cooked dinner.

Today was haircut day.  The hairdresser's shop is a one-chair room so it is just the two of us.  Both of us have been vaccinated so we were able to talk without masks.  I still am challenged with my throat or something making it difficult for my voice to have much volume some days.  This was one of the days.  

Misti entertained me with tales of her recent vacation to a small lake in East Texas.  The property covered 580 acres (235 hectares).  The bungalow sat next to the lake and came with a dog.  Well, it was not noted that there would be a dog but it did run around the property.  There was even notice about Blue the dog in the bungalow.  "Blue is friendly, on a diet so, please, do not feed. "  Blue showed up almost immediately.  Misti became his favorite human.  When nighttime arrived, it seemed Blue wanted to come in for the night.  Misti and her hubby decided just to leave Blue outside.

The next morning Misti visited the main office to pick up the dune buggy they had rented she ask about Blue.  Seems as though each time there are folks at the Deer Lake Cabins Ranch, he picks his favorite human.  Misti had won the lottery of Blue for their visit.  Blue spent the remainder of the visit with Misti and her hubby.  Blue even went for a very early morning boat ride with Misti leaving her hubby by himself!  And there was even a very low fog on the lake making it so romantic!  Misti said her husband shook his fist and said, "Damn you, Blue!"  Then laughed loudly.

As nothing more exciting than we opened our windows, hope you enjoyed the tale of Blue and Misti.  It left me with a smile.  The haircut gave me a few ounces less hair to get fuzzy the next time the humidity goes up.

Y'all all stay safe.

Peace,

Janice

2 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Yup, that one brought a smile - thanks for passing the tale of Blue to us all!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could pass a smile along to you. namaste, janice xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings