privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Thursday, September 16, 2021

Windows and Change

Today as well as the past several days have brought the feeling of fall to our area.  For this part of Texas the change is a drop of maybe 10 degrees F in temperatures.   The bigger change is the angle of the sun.  Our patio is next to an entrance to this building.  Apartments to the south are situated about 30 feet (9 meters) closer to the east.   With the change of the angle of the sun combined with the L shape, our patio is in the shade by around 11 AM.  As the days progress our patio will only have morning sun.

What does the season change have to do with windows?  Nothing, in a word.  It just seems as seasons change it is time for cleaning.  Starting last Friday I decided blinds, bedroom windows, patio doors, and transom windows needed cleaning.  And did they ever!  I ran out of Windex for the windows before the task was completed.  Tuesday the refill came with the grocery order so I was back at it today.

In the area of the transom, there are collections of mundane glassware.  Canning jars used by my MIL.  Bottles of glacier water from the Athabasca Glacier in Canada.  Glass milk jugs.  A couple of glass insulators.  Granny Chandler's glass snuff jar.  Three wind chimes.  Lovebirds were a gift to my parents for their 50th wedding anniversary.  One small cruet from Uncle John Chandler's homeplace.  All those items were covered in dust, too.  

It is evening and I sit looking across the distance.  Sitting in the comfort of a recliner with a glass of iced water.  Enjoying the clean glassware and windows.  Tomorrow I may need to wash the curtains.  Cause it feels as if fall is on the way and a clean house just feels good.

Peace and love,
Janice


5 comments:

  1. When I moved in, I had cleaned all the windows downstairs. I was supposed to do the upstairs as well, but ran out of steam. I just use hot water with a bit of washing up liquid and it worked a treat.

    The sun doesn't really hit my living room anymore for more than half an hour in the evening. A sure sign autumn is on its way.

    Klem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have so much dust here I brush the dust off first otherwise it is a muddy mess! Klem

      Delete
  2. I also feel fall's change in light and temperature. Our windows never seem to look clean as they have a UV coating to protect against our hot sun. Whenever I wash them they look smeared the next day. It is frustrating! I'm going to buy a squeegee and try that method of cleaning next as spray bottles of Windex just don't clean them well/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our windows have a similar coating. I will get streaks, too. One of our past neighbors would clean windows on the inside wiping side to side. Outside would be wiped top to bottom. He said that way he knew which side was streaked so he could get rid of the streaks.

      Delete
  3. Oh there is something so satisfying about clean windows, the beauty is that you see a real difference so you know it's worthwhile! Wishing you a happy autumn!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings