privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Monday, September 20, 2021

Updates

At the beginning of spring, I had posted about Sis #1 having to begin chemo.  Later a series of radiation treatments were required to stop bleeding that had developed.  The cancer was working hard to claim her.  There is great news.  Sis #1 has now had three PET scans.  Each scan has shown a reduction in the size of the tumor.  Fewer lymph nodes are showing to be affected.  This is amazing considering she was given just weeks to live without chemotherapy.  Is it the power of medicine or the power of prayer?  I do not feel it has to be either/or.  It is just a miracle for each day we have her.

Sis #1 on her 85th birthday.

In the same post, I mentioned our Adcock grandsons.  Grandson #1 has spent the summer months being a river rafting guide.  He has absolutely loved the job.  He will be moving into being a ski guide during the winter months.  Living on his own in a state two days drive from his parents.  He is a man now.  

Grandson #2 returned home from the 3 months in rehab.  Within just about 3 weeks he needed two different minor surgeries.  One of which was hernia surgery.  He is now in his 11th year in school.  Rather than going back to the same high school, he is now attending a small private school.  He played an American football game last Friday night.  It was homecoming.  And he now has a girlfriend.  He attends AA meetings to keep himself clean.  

#2 will do fine as he makes friends easily.  We are hopeful he has learned all the skills needed to control his impulses.  Impulses to fight, drink or smoke.  He did see a fellow player become aggressive on Friday during the game.  #2 helped to stop that player before things escalleted. 
Grandson #3 may have a touch of Asperger's.  He is really sensitive to touch and has some challenges socially.  He is soooo very funny.  His humor has a funky edge to it.  Last week we had picked him up from school.  I was having some trouble breathing so I was using my rescue inhaler.  It was taking some time for the inhaler to improve my breathing.  I was still coughing.   #3 who seldom gives hugs or much positive feedback just looked at me.  "Grandma, I need you to hang around for a few more years, please."  

#3 is the young man just outside the circle of kids.  He was attempting to engage with this group.  Hoping for the best as he, too, had to change schools.  Not that he needed to,  His mom id not want him attending the school where #2 was introduced to drugs.  

Bonus Granddaughter just had her 21st birthday.  She is carrying a 4.0 average in her 3rd year of college.  Bonus Grandson is in his final year of high school.  He is working during his spare time.  He is applying to different colleges.  Has already been accepted by two of them.  Neither is in Texas.

I do not know of any other subjects that need further updates.  Hubby and I are healthy.  Guess that's about all for now.  Oh, I did bake oatmeal and peanut butter cookies.  Hard to resist!

Peace,

Janice

4 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    good to hear all this, Janice... I do so hope #2 truly remains on the new road. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, YAM. We are certainly hoping so, also. namaste, janice xx

      Delete
  2. Good to hear about them all doing fine. It is challenging to grow up in whatever time, but it seems everything is a lot easier to come by now than it used to be.

    Now, about those cookies... Recipe?

    Klem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Mara, nothing special. Just used the recipe on the oatmeal container! The peanut butter onex actually came from a mix. Klem.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings