privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Flowers Bloom - Spin Cycle May 3, 2015

Here in Central Texas the wildflowers have been in bloom for several weeks.  From my apartment patio doors I see yellow stella o d'oro daylillies, roses and some left over pansies from last fall.  All are in full bloom.  Outside my bedroom window is a small stand of Texas Red Yucca complete with sharp points to grab me when I clean windows.  A very good reason to not clean windows... But the beauty of the delicate red blossoms makes up for the spikes.

Roadsides have been in full bloom.  Many of the readers that stop by are too young to have even been born at the time of First Lady, Lady Bird Johnson.  She was a major leader in the return to wildflowers as part of gardening.  Her legacy lives on literally across the United States.  As she was a 'local girl' there is The Wildflower Center bearing her name.  You can learn more about it here.

Here is a view of one of the roads while travelling to a soccer match in mid April.



A March visit to California yielded more lovely blooms at The Carlsbad Flower Fields. Walking and riding, because it was 50+ acres of gardens, was a delight for all the senses.







For more beauty of colorful scenes and flower blooms be sure to visit the following blogs:

Thanks to The Spin Cycle Host Ginny Marie



Thanks to host Dale of spunwithtears




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings