privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Friday, May 22, 2015

since the cherry blossoms

Carpe Diem #737 since the cherry blossoms


since the cherry blossoms
I've waited three months to see
the twin-trunk pine

© Basho (Tr. Jane Reichhold)

awaiting visits
sleep overtakes his tired eyes
cherry blossoms fall

©  Janice Adcock

The expression, "I was looking for you to stop by" was used by the older generation.  A rather amusing scene to ponder.  Was the person standing on the stoop with binoculars panning the horizon?  Were they sitting in that favorite chair by the front window jumping to attention at each passing auto?  Why would one look for a someone to come just on the notion the other person might choose to visit that day?  So many unanswered questions to ask the one that never arrives.


Thanks to Chèvrefeuille for daily prompts on 

CARPE DIEM HAIKU KAI



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings