privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Monday, May 25, 2015

in hushed silence

Carpe Diem #741 wrapped in a straw mat


Man, the world is full of mixed messages.  Are we writing about Basho's 'straw mat' or  Moritake's 'a fallen blossom'?  Is one to speak of winter's bleakness covering the hope of spring blooms?  Or is there to be a twist or joke in the haiku?  Some days nothing makes sense.  Nothing comes together.  The bath tub will not drain.  Or the battery is dead.  The brain is functioning more like a mouse lacking olfactory function looking for cheese in a maze.  One begins to feel as if sanity is leaking out of the corners of one's eyes.  To keep writing, one just lets the words tumble onto the keyboard....

in hushed silence
standing on the rubble heap
a dusty dove preens

©  Janice Adcock

Thanks to Chèvrefeuille for daily prompts on 

CARPE DIEM HAIKU KAI



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings