privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Friday, June 21, 2019

June 21, 2019

Another birthday today.  It is my nephew #3 that lives in Oklahoma.  He was born in 1960 so you can figure out his age.  My younger Sis #4 and I (Sis #3) were very young for being aunts.  Sis #4 was only 18 months old and I was 9 when our first nephew was born.  His birthday was on June 30, 1956.  Unfortunately he passed in 2015 due to complications to his alcohol addiction.  Nephew #2 was born in 1957.  Today's birthday guy is Nephew #3.  Nephew #4 was born that same year, 1960, in September.  That meant that Sis #4 had four nephews before she was 6 years old.  Two years later in May Niece #1 was born.  Thank goodness, not a boy.  The following May Niece # 2 was born.  Sis #1 had 2 boys and a girl and Sis #2 had 2 boys and a girl.  Sis # 4 had 4 nephews and 2 nieces and she was just 8.  I was 15.

No more nieces or nephews for Sis #4 till our son was born in August of 1973.  Sis #4 was almost 19 and ready to be an aunt.  No more kids from us so that was the end from our side of the family for Sis #4.  Sis #4 began her family in 1981 with son #1 (my nephew #5).  In 1984, daughter #1 (my niece #3) was born.  Sis #4 thought that was the end.  However, life had other plans.  In April, 1992, son # 2 (my nephew #6) was born.  That rounded out the nieces and nephews from us 4 sisters.  Of course our spouses' brothers and sisters added to the count.  I do not want to even try at those numbers.  Cause Sis #1 has been married 5 times and I get all confused as to who is in and who is out, if you know what I mean.

Christmas snatch and grab with 2/3 of the nieces and nephews present.  They have multiplied.
Yes, family birthdays come and go.  We have spread out from that little community in north Texas.  And yet we remain the Rogers family and their kids.

Ya'll all have a great weekend.  Be safe and thanks for stopping by for a chat.

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings