privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Saturday, June 8, 2019

June 8, 2019

Four Generations of Adcocks
Our oldest grandson will turn 18 this week.  I am remembering the first time his Grandpa and I saw that precious bundle.  We both had tears of joy streaming down our face.  His mom had tried to have a regular birth but had to have a C section.  That first grandson was a big 9 + pound boy.  Blue eyes and dark hair.  My heart still swells a bit bigger at just the memory of those moments.  Naturally he was the most handsome, brightest and sweetest grandchild ever born.  Well, until the next one and the last one.  Now with two bonus grandkids our family is complete.


There is always something special about that first grandchild.  Not that he is the favorite cause each is a favorite in their own way.  It is just that he was the first.  The first to smile at us.  I well remember his visit when he was about 10 months old.  Grandpa was holding him and #1 rubbed Grandpa's bald head.  Then he reached over and rubbed the hair on my head.  He looked back at Grandpa sort of puzzled.  Rubbing Grandpa's head again he broke into a big smile.  We all broke up at his discovery.

First birthday party.
There were pictures sent by email so we could remotely enjoy this cute boy.   Every thing from baths to playing with trucks.  Video of him eating Cheerios.  Cause with the first grandchild every little thing is special.  The sound of his voice saying I U, Grandma the first time.  Again heart pumping at the memory.

#1 Grandson is the one that had his jaw broken while playing lacrosse this spring.  He is now almost 6 feet tall.  He is still sweet as ever and always cooperative.  He gives good hugs and still tells me, "Love you, Grandma" no matter where he is or if his friends are around.  Cause the unwritten rule is it is ok to be mushy with the grandma.  And Grandpa. 

It has been wonderful to be living closer to all the grandchildren the last 5 + years.  Building more memories.  Watching all sorts of sports.  Cooking homemade pizza, cinnamon rolls and sorghum chewies. 

And now this baby boy will be able to vote.    

8 comments:

  1. Happy 18th Birthday to your Grandson, enjoy your celebrations!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will pass along. He and the rest of his bros and sis as well as parents are leaving Wednesday for France and the Women's world cup.

      Delete
  2. Hari OM
    Sending my greetings also - handsome is as handsome does! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a handsome young man ~ you are blessed ~ ^_^

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being his grandma I am prejudiced and think he is quite the dashing young man.

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday to your grandson...oh my 18!! such a milestone. I truly enjoyed your story from birth to now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I think I feel old. He gave me a good hug before leaving for France yesterday.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings