privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

June 25, 2019

Today has been about getting things packed and readied for an early flight to Charleston, SC.  4:55 AM boarding is early I think.  Will leave for the airport at 3 AM.  I am pretty sure if I went to bed I would not sleep but little catnaps.  That is what I did last night as I was waiting till 5:25 for check in for the flight.  Cause it is Southwest and you only pick your seat as a board.  So early boarding numbers are nice!  But I woke up every hour or so checking the clock to see if it was time.  Yes I had an alarm set but the brain did not trust it.  Once I did the check in and have a boarding numbers for the first let and B 5 and 6 for the second leg of the flight I slept for for more hours.  Solid sleep.

Part of getting ready for the trip has been setting up a tablet to be our gps.  The tablet did not have sim card for connecting  to cell towers.  We decided a new cell phone for me would be the most cost effective solution.  My cell was so limited I could not put any apps on it so Hubby really was pushing for me to get a new one.  Sunday night we linked the two devices and guided ourselves to new places in Austin.  Worked perfectly.

I am taking only my new cell phone so definitely no blog posts.  Maybe a Facebook photo or two of the places we will be touring.  The planned activities are as follows:

Wednesday is air travel with a lay over in Baltimore.  We have a vehicle reserved at the Charleston airport.  Hope that goes easily.  Our hotel is about 30 minutes from the airport.  Figure we will do good to be getting checked in at the hotel before 5:30 PM.  Probably a bit of dinner then settling into the hotel for the 6 night stay.  An early bedtime is quite likely certain!

Thursday at 11 AM will be a bus tour of Charleston.  It will last 1.5 hours.  That will give us a bit of the lay of the city to decide additional places to visit.  We surely will look at something all South Carolina.  I know there is plenty to see and do.  Must make wise choices with limited time.

Friday is a smaller group tour.  With a name like Frankly Black History of Charleston it promises to be a bit different.  Charleston was a major slave port so this will be an eye opening tour I suspect.  We may decide to visit Boone Hall Plantation and Gardens following the tour.  The weather may be hotter that we want so that will influence what we do.

Saturday we drive to Hilton Head for another tour.  This tour is of Daufuskie Island.  The History & Artisans Excursion sounds like it will be both fun and interesting.  We have a two hour drive from our hotel to get to Hilton Head.  Hubby will be doing all the driving until we load onto the ferry to the island.  Only golf carts on the island and there will be a tour guide.

Sunday we will be visiting Patriot's Point Naval and Maritime Museum.  Hubby wants to play on the ships.  I understand there may be a few ladders and stairs to challenge our rickety old legs.  In the evening we have reservations at Charleston Harbor Fish House.  Again, this is a special request from Hubby.  The dinner will be our celebration of our 52nd wedding anniversary. 

Monday is a trip to Myrtle Beach State Park.  If we still have the gumption for this.  And this is Fourth of July week so who knows how crowded the beach will be.  But we must put our toes in the Atlantic.  And maybe look for a shell or two.  Again, it is a two hour drive each way to the park we plan on visiting so not much else scheduled for this day.

Tuesday is back on a plane to return home.  This plane loads a bit before noon so not such an early rise.  But must turn in the rental car and security lines.  Then purchase some food for the plane cause it is Southwest.  No meal service, only chips and drinks.  Well, maybe it will a bit earlier than normal.

Anywho, All ya'll take care over the next week.  I'll see you in a few!

Plants in water for our absence.  Bucket available for neighbor if needed.




2 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    You both have a safe and wonderful trip - and be sure to take lots of photos and report back here asap for we non-bookers!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My internet is so slow right now, posting is being a bit of a challenge. We had a great time and took yesterday to mostly rest up and do laundry. hugs, janice xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings