privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

June 18, 2019

Hmmm.  On this day in 1955 my oldest sister was married.  That marriage lasted for over 27 years.  My Mom never forgave her for leaving BIL #1.  Mom did not have to live day in and day out with an alcoholic.  BIL #1 was a really sweet guy to the rest of the world.  Just not always to Sis.  My Sis chose not to live with that.  In 1999 that man passed from complications of his disease.  In 2015 their first born son died from complications of the same disease. 

But on that night 64 years ago the future looked bright for these two beautiful young people.

Sister #1 and BIL #1

Daddy, Momma, Sis #1, BIL #!, Mozelle and Bud

The wedding party.  I am the first little girl on the far left, Sis # 2 is next.  Reba Jane is next small girl.  Lynda is next.
Lynda and Reba Jane are cousins and were in my wedding, too.

2 comments:

  1. hari OM
    We can never know what is ahead. Good to remember the positives but it takes courage to acknowledge and face up to the negatives. Especially if the latter outweighs the former. Alcohol - the original drug of social devastation. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. I can take it of leave it. Many do not have that option. namaste, janice xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings