privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Photo Theme for Thursday - Shadows

Sunday I spent some time enjoying the last few weeks I will be the owner of this garden.  As I walked around I looked at the impact Husband and I have had on this 80' x 135' spot of ground.  Twenty one years ago this was a muddy, bare, rocky mess.  There were four saplings no more that a couple of inches in diameter.  As I strolled the garden on the sunny morning there was a shadow following me.  Not just the physical shadow of my sizable body but the shadow of my creative self.  While my physical shadow will grace the garden for only 28 more days, the other shadow will linger.  Join me for a few minutes and enjoy the other shadow that will remain.  Or you would rather just skip over to Photo Theme Thursday and see some amazing photo takes on shadows, darkness or patterns.






Early morning shadows on the fall arrangement and pot that will go with.

A former Christmas tree from our home now casts its own shadow on the drive.

Even the rain drops were casting shadows.

Shadows cast in stone


Can you see the black fish feeding beneath the shadow marked rocks?

I noticed the Ultimate shadow above!

Shadow life of pond fish.

Evening found me back in the garden enjoying the goldfish in the pond as well as the rest of my garden.


The stream we built and rebuilt!
 Then I turned to my right and saw this shadow self within the garden arch I leave behind.


And finally nearing twilight the shadow became part of the garden.  Much as my soul.
Will the garden remain?  Will the shadow of my soul continue to linger among the rocks, the flowers, the bricks, the shrubs and arch?  Only time and Google maps will tell.


But, then, even raindrops cast shadows.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I just found your blog and have only read this post but it is nice. I love it 'only time and google maps will tell'. I guess we all hope a little piece of us will remain in the places we have been something that say I was once connected to this place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful set of images from the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures, but the garden is even more beautiful. Wish you good luck for the future, and maybe, you once can visit the garden again?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Shadows of alot of pictures you have up.

    I will try later to post some also.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings