privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

T - 16 Wasted or Wiser

Been attending Financial Peace University.  Working to remake how we handle finances including disposal of all things we will not use in Texas.  I researched resale stores in the area and tried to cull anything I thought would not sell.  We spent money last evening purchasing dry cleaning kits.  I spent the morning cleaning several of Gene's dress jackets, coats and some of my stuff that were pretty decent clothing.  Wasted money, wasted time.  Lessons learned about taking clothing to resale stores.

  • Label names can be too old.
  • Name brand labels are about the only labels considered.
  • The stores are not responsible for damage to clothing while they are looking them over.  
  • Men's resale stores have all closed.  
  • A two year old $200 LL Bean down jacket is now worth $6.
  • We live in a shallow society that values a "label name" more than a clean, useful piece of clothing.
I will just donate the good clothing to a place that will help real people.  Not people more concerned with status, name brands and a self image created by stuff.  Sometimes there is a better peace than just financial.


Matthew 7:6


Amplified Bible (AMP)
Do not give that which is holy (the sacred thing) to the dogs, and do not throw your pearls before hogs, lest they trample upon them with their feet and turn and tear you in pieces.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings