privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Beggers


........our prompt for today, beggar, which is based on the following 'verse' by Khalil:

[...] "We are all beggars at the gate of the temple, and each one of us receives his share of the bounty of the King when he enters the temple, and when he goes out. But we are all jealous of one another, which is another way of belittling the King". [...]

the beggar!
he has Heaven and Earth,
for his summer clothes

© Kikaku

at the temple gate
I bow in front of beggars
honoring their spirit

© Chèvrefeuille

beggar's bowl,
chased by the autumn wind,
enters the temple

© Chèvrefeuille


While mediating on the above inspirations I thought of the story of Ruth and Naomi.  Ruth gleaned in the fields of Boaz, a relative.  Later he would become her husband.  As I read about the history of and types of food left for gleaners the articles moved to the current day activities. One of the suggested readings was dumpster diving, not exactly my idea of the meaning of commands to leave portions of crops for gleaners.  Somewhere in all of the chatter about welfare states it seems the dignity of the human is lost..... But we are all jealous of one another, which is another way of belittling the King". [...] (Khalil)

Jean-François Millet



gleaners hand searches
fruit missed by the harvester
full tummy tonight
©  Janice Adcock




http://www.rogerebert.com/far-flung-correspondents/im-with-the-gleaners






unseen unwanted
desperate eyes seeking help
mirrors reflection

©  Janice Adcock



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings