privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Monday, August 18, 2014

Haiku

A Japanese short form of poetry is known as haiku.  I did not know about poetry that did not rhyme till I started this blogging thing.  I knew iambic pentameter.  I did not pay close enough attention in Literature classes though Mrs. Hull did her best. Anywho, there are several haiku sites I have come across while surfing the meme world.  Carpe Diem Haiku Kai is the latest discovery.  

falling leaves
the house comes
out of the wood
 

© Jim Kacian


The original Japanese form had a specific structure of 17 syllables within 3 lines.  You wanna know more click here to read for yourself.  Like I said, I don't know about this stuff enough to teach anyone.  The gentleman that wrote the haiku at the top of this post has what is called his own style.  I think that means he does poetry as he wishes.  I am beginning to think that maybe what makes poetry, prose all literature good. doing something that satisfies one's self.  With that in mind  here is my contribution that does not follow the rules exactly.


Woolen covers
in morning sun
cast darkness on life

Janice Adcock





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings