privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Carpe Diem #545, Tolerance

Khalil Gibran says in his "Sand and Foam" the following about tolerance:

[...] " Tolerance is love sick with the sickness of haughtiness". [...]


the toe is stepped on
were eyes unable to see
cat fight on isle nine


As with host Kristjaan Panneman I think there are times when certain behavior is not to be tolerated.  Bullies seem to be attempting to run our world at times.  Whether it is the child on the school yard, the dictator of a person's nation, kidnappers or terrorists they appear to me to be bullies, one and all.  Does tolerance of the unacceptable behavior just encourage more of the same?  Very possibly.  Yes, there are times we need to stand up to the bullies but it must be in a way that will curtail the bulling.  Not just fan the flames of hatred.  Now, pardon me while I step down off my soapbox.  Help me watch for your toes.

Carpe Diem #545, Tolerance



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings