privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Friday, August 22, 2014

Carpe Diem Special #103, Jim Kacian's "city morning"

Carpe Diem Haiku Kai

This is the inspiration haiku  for today's post.

city morning
a crane lifts its shadow
up the wall

© Jim Kacian





the warm breeze brings sounds
hot tires singing on the road
plodding steps bring sweat

©  Janice Adcock



My morning walk is exciting because we are surrounded by businesses.  I wait at intersections for the autos holding anxious workers rushing toward life. The intersections of three of the city's main highways are within a 3 blocks of our apartment.  The top picture was taken from our bedroom window.  We know it is 5 in the evening when the traffic backs up on the street outside our door.  All the pavement, buildings and a drought make for very warm walks even at 7 AM.  Fortunately there is a small park and a couple of small ponds to give some life to this paved part of the world.  

For a point of reference part of the overlook from our home includes The Old Chisholm trail.  This trail was used to drive cattle from Texas ranches to Kansas cattle markets.  Names such as Hester's Crossing, May's Crossing and Chisholm Trail mark streets that now just drive people to market instead of cattle.  But really not so much difference.

Submitting to Carpe Diem Haiku Kai

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings