privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Monday, June 1, 2015

moonrise

Carpe Diem #745 moonrise


don't be like me
even though we're like the melon
split in two

© Basho (Tr. Jane Reichhold)

Following the master's (Basho) advise I am doing my own thing with this challenge from our host, © Chèvrefeuille.

An eight stanza renga with Basho's moonrise as the hokku, the first stanza.

tsuki shiro ya hiza ni te o oku yoi no yado
Photo:  YuhtungaJungleMoonrise

moonrise
holding their hands on their knees
evening at a house

© Basho (Tr. Jane Reichhold)

like bookends they sit gazing
at the mysterious light

black sky
pinpoint stars sparkling
a nymphs diadem

scampering through the forest
with grapevines for trapeze swings

wide-eyed babe
nuzzles in familiar arms
a suckled breast

sly nymph tickles a pink nose
the pup chases in its dreams

weeping willow leaves
fluttered by a gentle breeze
sing a song

shadowy light of moonrise
adorns the simple thatch home

©  Janice Adcock

Thanks to Chèvrefeuille for daily prompts on 

CARPE DIEM HAIKU KAI









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings