privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Friday, July 29, 2022

Eighty-three Years Ago

Hubby's folks were married 83 years ago today.  That is July 29, 1939.  Carl had an eighth-grade education.  Edna had completed high school and attended business college.  They made a great team working together for the almost 66 years they lived together.  He took correspondence classes for radio and television repair.  He felt an entirely new world opened up when he learned how to do square root equations.  He always pushed any young person to learn square root.  One of Son's favorite memories of his Grandpa.

Edna would work first as a hired hand for a farmer's wife in Kansas.  Cooking for the men working in the fields.  She came home to visit her folks living in Missouri.  Carl's aunt invited Edna to a party at a friend's home.  That is where the two kids met.  They must have hit it off cause when Edna returned to Kansas they began corresponding.  (We still have a few of those love letters.)  Edna convinced Carl to come to Kansas to work for the same farming operation where she was employed.  And as the folks will say, the rest is history.

All you fine folks out there, take care.  Take every opportunity to fill the world with love and laughter.

Janice

2 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Awww; such blessed memory. I giggled at the square root equations... nervously. It was something my mother excelled at and couldn't quite understand that none of her children were up to her standard on them. I did conquer them eventually. But not something I have had cause to utilise in the latter half of life! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nor have I. There has been an algebra equation or two I have used but not square root. Son wants us to update Carl's tombstone to have a square root sign on it! namaste, janice xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings