privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Thursday, July 7, 2022

Well, It Is High Noon

Copyright 1952 – United Artists Corporation.Public Domain, 
High Noon is an old 1952 cowboy movie.  It starred Gary Cooper, a major star at the time.  A few other names of cast members you might recognize are Grace Kelly, Lee Van Cleef, Lon Chaney, Harry Morgan, and Lloyd Bridges to name a few.  This was just past the time some folks refer to this as the golden age of Hollywood.  A time in the 1930s and 1940s when several classic movies such as Citizen Kane, The Wizard of Oz, Casablanca, and Gone With the Wind were filmed.  High Noon was considered by the US Library of Congress to be one of 25 films to be preserved in the National Film Registry.

Interesting how decisions are made.  Everyone has an opinion but few have the power to make the final decision.  At this point, I could make all kinds of statements about the US Supreme Court.  My opinion means nothing.  So why waste time typing them.  I can just say, I don't agree with some of the more recent rulings.

The movie, High Noon, dealt with a man of honor standing against men with no honor.  A wife that sets aside her beliefs to save her husband.  Decisions about life and living.

Today I spoke with Sis #4.  She was standing by Sis #1's bedside in the hospice unit.  Sis #1's breathing is so slow she is sure to pass within hours.  Sis #1 has never given up the hope of a miracle.  She made to decision to live past May 27 and then past July 4th.  She has done it.  So decisions do matter.

Word came around noon today that Sis #1 has passed from this life.  The exact time was 11:25

Take care,

Janice

1936 - 2022

 



2 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    1936 was something of a golden year - everyone I have known born of that year (and there have been several, including both my parents) have been true, straight, salt of the earth types. Their passing does leave a hole; but also a very full memory of lives well-lived. My condolences, dear blogpal... and thank you again for sharing this sorrow with us. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As we share our burdens the loads are lighter for all. Thank you, YAM. namaste, janice xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings