privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Sunday, July 17, 2022

How Much Did I Miss?

Yesterday I put together five 300-piece puzzles online.  This has become such a habit over the last few years that I spend hour after hour 'puzzling.'  Not always the best way to spend my time.  There are so many sewing projects I could be doing.  More scanning of photos would be very productive, too.   But I do puzzles and watch old TV shows.  And read a lot of books, too.  That was till this week when I subscribed to Hulu so Hubby could watch his beloved Cardinals.  Still did not get the baseball game.

Yet somehow in doing these puzzles while watching old TV shows, I've missed lots of good comedy. The one I am streaming now is "Only Murders in the Building".  I cannot stop.  Nor can I stop laughing.  Nor waiting for the next turn and twist. Cause it is not all funny but still quirky.  Steve Martin and Martin Short play off of each other so perfectly.  Both SNL alumni.  And Ms. Gomez is the right mix with the Old Timers.

Several years ago Son gave me "The Handmaiden's Tale" in book form.  Since the book has become a Hulu series, why not binge on this, too.  I have found it can only be taken in small quantities.  Very intense.  A little too real with all the January 6 meetings going on. Along with the overturn of Roe v Wade and gun laws.

Pretty sure I have missed a lot more.  But who cares, there are always puzzles to be assembled.

Take care,

Janice

2 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    I do puzzles every single day too, Janice! Not just jigs, but cross, and wordsearch, and codeword and I have a strategy game off the playstore that I can lose myself in for an hour or two as well! I usually play my audio books during those times (or, for now, have the Tour de France in the background). It's keeping the braincells well exercised, so as minor addictions go, it's pretty healthy!

    As for streaming series, oh yes, I have a few things going on there too... &*> YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished a book today, "Beyond the Moonlit Sea". It was entertaining and had enough twists and turns to hold my attention. Hope you are not having the excessive heat like we heard about in England. Another hot one here today. namaste, janice xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings