privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Visits from Another Continent

 Our little part of the world has visitors today.  Visitors in the form of minute grains of sand. So in addition to the temperatures today being 104 ℉, 40 ℃, the air quality sucks.  At least the humidity is only 33 %.  I presume these current conditions give just a taste of what desert living might be like.  Hot, dry, but no air conditioning.  We, thankfully, are still blessed with cooled air.  Sometimes I wonder how we lived back in a time with only an oscillating fan.  Then my mind wanders to centuries ago with only a hand fan to provide air movement.


Hubby has a weather station on our patio.  It transmits to a tablet-looking device that the manufacturer calls a terminal.  Hubby has the terminal sitting on the table next to his chair.  If he puts his glass or cup on the table it blocks my view of the display on the terminal.  Oh, no, I have to move out of my chair to check the temperature,  humidity, wind speed, and various other weather details.  I do have an app on my laptop that allows me to see the readings without moving.  Only the terminal is not talking to our router.  I am not sure why they had such a falling out but they did.

Since returning from the stretch lab the two of us worked to get the two devices to talk to each other.   The process is almost as unsuccessful as nations negotiating oil prices.  Really.  Regardless of all the things we have tried today, the silly devices are not any closer to talking than the Republican and Democratic parties are in working out immigration policy.  We shall try a couple or three other attempts to encourage the devices to talk.  If those do not work I guess the devices will drift apart like Sahara sands over the Atlantic.

Take care, y'all.

Janice  


2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings