privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Thursday, January 5, 2023

A Bit of Nothing

 Medigap insurance.  Previously known as supplemental Part C and Part D.  For friends across the Pond, these insurances are products that can be purchased to cover most of the 20% of medical costs not covered by Parts A & B Medicare.  Part C offers options named A, B, C, D, F, F high deductible, G, G high deductible, K, L, M, and N.  (Good thing someone learned the alphabet in kindergarten!)  Each plan offers different coverage amounts and monthly policy costs.  Another option is to use an Advantage Plan.  The Advantage Plans usually do not have monthly policy costs.  Some copays and out of pocket limits are higher than the Alphabet Plans. 

We were facing a probable monthly increase in the insurance plan.  I went looking for less expensive plan.  I misunderstood that the December 7 deadline was not for changing plans.  I had been waiting for a contact from an agent to see about the Alphabet Plan N with a different company for a lower rate.  While being flooded with calls, I was never really able to connect with any of them.  In haste to save $$ I switched us to an Advantage Plan.  Big mistake I found out when one of the agents and I made contact.  The Advantage Plan will not cover certain cancer treatments, etc.  Great.

Once on the Advantage Plan one is not likely able to switch back to an Alphabet plan that would cover the catastrophic expenses.  We decided to apply with one company for their plan N through the agent.  He told us we would be able to switch back in January as that was set up as an oops month for idiots like me.  My words not his!  Within days Hubby received word that the less expensive insurance company rejected him due to his diagnosis of diabetes.  Luckily our original Plan N was still in effect.  So switching back will be easy according to Jim the insurance guy.  

Okay, Part C is now sorted out but what about Part D.  Part D is drug coverage.  Without insurance our specific medications would be well over 2K a month.  After a phone conversation this a.m. Jim the insurance guy is on that, too.  If all goes well, our costs should be down about $45.  Every little bit helps!!!

Here are a couple of photos from Christmas morning.



DJ in her Christmas PJs.



2 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    ...yikes... I am just so very grateful for Australia and UK's health services, tattered and riddled with strife though they be! Golly, is it me, or does Christmas already seem a loooong time ago? YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Christmas past really fast this year. I am glad I found someone to help with the ins. namaste, janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings