privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Friday, November 21, 2014

Barren

Carpe Diem
 "Sparkling Stars" #13, " "

the childless woman,
how tender she is
to the dolls!

© Ransetsu (Tr. Blyth)

The words fell hard on them, "You will probably never conceive.  "Chances are one in a.."  A mind numbing number was all they heard.  Each clung to the other's hand.  Looking at a dreamed of family evaporate before them.  A ghost family.  A family never to be.  Wombs to carry and breasts to nourish laying fallow as a drought stricken field.

clouds move overhead
no crops for harvest this year
empty rain guage

©  Janice Adcock
Photograph by Matt Black for Matter


Thanks to Chèvrefeuille for daily prompts on 

CARPE DIEM HAIKU KAI



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings