privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Sunday, November 2, 2014

inner voice

Carpe Diem "Sparkling Stars" #12, 
Tranström's "Inner Voice"

This particular prompt is featuring the work of Tranström, recipient of the 2011 Nobel Prize in Literature.  Here is a sample of his beautiful work.

up along the slopes
under the sun – the goats
were grazing on fire.

on the balcony
standing in a cage of sunbeams –
like a rainbow

something has happened.
the moon lit up the room.
God knew about it.

hear the sighing rain.
I whisper a secret, to reach
all the way in there.

a scene on the platform.
what a strange calm –
the inner voice


© Tomas Tranström

So I sit here in this same chair.  How am I to write something that even deserves to by in the same blog post as this poet?  I mean really.  My inner voice is telling me what a fool I am being for even thinking of writing something.  "You are an interloper in this heady world of poets.  You are uneducated, unpolished.  Nothing to say.  Uncouth."  The usual inner voice stuff that fills me with self doubt.  But I will push on into the parts of my mind that contains the more nurturing inner voice.  Write, rewrite and finally come up with seventeen syllables.  They will not win a blue ribbon and never something like a Nobel Peace Prize.  It will be me, my voice and that is all the Creator requires.

snow covered roof
fires burning within -
inner voice freed
©  Janice Adcock

Thanks to Chèvrefeuille for daily prompts on 

CARPE DIEM HAIKU KAI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings