privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Saturday, November 29, 2014

dream in a dream

Carpe Diem Tan Renga Challenge #61,
 Georgia's "a dream in a dream"

The challenge is to complete a haiku to make it a Tan Renga.  Okay, a lot of folks that drop by my blog may scratch their head wondering what the hey is going on with her?  What is all this haiku, tan renga, blah, blah Japanese blah stuff?  It is a form of poetry.  I am doing what so many of my friends and family have told me I should do ... write ....  the stories ... the crazy thoughts you have.  The haiku form of poetry speaks to my sense of living big in a very small way.  Compressed beauty.  If you want to know more you can read about it all here.

The following Tan Renga was written in two parts with the authors names noted by each.

a dream in a dream
sand slipping through old fingers
autumn leaves turn red   (Georgia)

blown away on the shoulder of the wind
delusory hopes caught in sand     (Chèvrefeuille)

As I read the verses my mind went to two things.  First Cass Elliot's version of Dream a Little Dream back in 1968 after the Mamas and Papas group broke apart.  Second was my Mom's loss of the sight in one eye on Thanksgiving Day a result of an inflammation in the temporal arteries.  She will be permanently blind in that eye.  Mom, who is 96. was visiting my 74 year old sister in another state.  My younger sis was spending Thanksgiving with us and her son.  The sister in Oklahoma had to take Mom to the emergency room on Friday, drive to Texas the next morning for a meeting with Mom's eye doctor.  Then Mom was put in the hospital for the beginning of treatments to hopefully save the sight in the second eye.  Mom's last remaining dream is to have sight.

Younger sister cut short her visit this morning to drive from Austin to the Dallas area to resume being the primary caregiver to our Mom.  The baton was returned to Sis and our older sister returned to Oklahoma to prepare for the funeral of her son's step daughter in law  The step daughter in law had taken her own life last Wednesday.  A young woman, she left behind two children.  She had chosen to no longer live rather than face a life void of hopes and dreams.

a dream in a dream
sand slipping through old fingers
autumn leaves turn red   (Georgia)

life drains from hopeless eyes
light seen only in dreams now (Janice)

Thanks to Chèvrefeuille for daily prompts on 

CARPE DIEM HAIKU KAI







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings