privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Saturday, November 15, 2014

sweet little snail

Carpe Diem "Little Creatures" #12, 
Snails, a haiga

Inspiration, challenge and other poets work can be seen here.

source: ebay.com

Gosh, where has all that violence been lurking?  Oh, maybe from my hosta gardening days?  Nothing could be more irritating than the damage caused to my Big Blue by those blasted snails and slugs.  Always hiding under the mass of leaves.  Always sneaking around in the dark.  Never falling into the pan of beer that was supposed to lure them to certain death.  Always come for a picnic and leave the trails of slime.  The taletell holes in the precious leaves.  Well, that was cathartic.  Me thinks I have rid myself of a silent demon!


slowly gliding snail
the rising phoenix grabs -
slime dripping claws
©  Janice Adcock

Just look, you can see the holes in the hosta leaves! Yes, definitely cathartic!
 ©  Janice Adcock

Thanks to Chèvrefeuille for daily prompts on 

CARPE DIEM HAIKU KAI


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings