privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Saturday, May 11, 2019

May 11, 2019

Today is our DIL's birthday.  If you read this blog very often, you may remember Hubby and I spent some time fixin' up the laundry room at the Son's home.  It was a request for a couple of floating shelves and help find some cabinets.  We completed the project by saying we would let the expense be part of the Christmas and birthday gifts.  True to my word, I just sent a text to DIL wishing her a Happy Birthday.  The I sent a text to Son asking him to take her sweet hand and go to the laundry room.  Tell DIL that with every load of laundry she does we are wishing her happy birthday and merry Christmas.  His return text was LOL.

Again today it is raining, it is in fact pouring at times.  While there was no soccer game on our calendar, there was in fact a soccer game.  Son called to asked if we could give him a ride home.  Sure.  Withing an hour the game was cancelled as the fields were unplayable.  Too wet.  I am not sad as sitting in a downpour is not necessarily my idea of great fun.  But this is our youngest grandson.  Only 6 years till he will be gone and then no more soccer or lacrosse or cross country or football or basket ball for our entertainment pleasure. 

Tomorrow is Mother's Day here in the US.  Son is taking DIL and me out for brunch.  I have a wrap/big scarf I purchased in France.  Have been wanting some fuchsia or turquoise slacks to wear with it.  Walked around Kohl's for about an hour.  Found the colors but not the size.  I finally settled on a dress that is neither of those colors.  Sort of a sage green.  Right size and right price.  I did get a haircut on Thursday.  Now I just need to do my nails and I will be ready to party.


Hope you all have a great weekend.

Later, gator.

3 comments:

  1. Hari om
    ...sage green, lilac...all you need now is a touch of white and you become a suffragette! Glad you are getting some relax yime, albeit weather induced! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to DIL and happy mother day to you...

    Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new laundry was a labour of love present! I thought you were going to offer to do the ironing as well!
    The dog and I miss watching the kids sport, enjoy those next 6 years, even the wet days, they will go so fast!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings