privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Sunday, May 19, 2019

May 19, 2019 Another Day After Something Big

 From the ideas in DIL's mind to gathering stuff to piles of stuff cluttered on tables and stools to the final hours Saturday morning, the last few weeks have kept us two women busy.  Of course, Son, Hubby and grandkids were roped in to help get it together.  Free labor.

At 12:45 PM on Saturday DIL and I looked at each other and said, "It's ready!"  We actually had some time to relax before the guests began to arrive.

Not sure if it is my shaky hands or something going on with my auto focus or my settings but I am disappointed with the grainy photos from the Big Party day.  Oh, well.  Here is what I was able to capture.
Graduate and her Mom, the DIL

 For a point of reference, the theme for the cake table was Dr. Seuss' book, "Oh the Places You'll Go".

The grandkids, left to right ages:  14, 18, 15, 13,  and 18 yrs.
The table setup that was to have been on the back lawn was for the University of Arkansas.  That plan changed as there were thunderstorms on and off that afternoon.  Granddaughter will be attending the University of Arkansas. The school mascots are Hogs.  Before and during games the crowd will call the Hogs, Woo Pig Sooie!

DIL made the HOGS sign and all the painted jars.
 If you have followed my blog for a time, you will note several items used for Son's birthday bash are being used again for this gathering.  Surely was easier this time as items are already easily available.
Drink table using a table cloth my Mom made probably 20 or 30 years ago.

The outdoor Welcome Table is where that flag I designed and printed was used.  DIL is encouraging me to market these for sale.




DIL and I figure the materials will be used for other gatherings.



At 4:30 we left the grad party to attend Youngest Grandson's end of school Choir Concert.

Combined 6th, 7th, and 8th grade choir from Chisholm Middle School

 
Again, wrong lens for distance shots.  But the point was not photos it was Grandson.  Grandson was ear to ear smiles the whole time.  He loves choir.  Says he wants to "major in choir in college".  It is to no avail to explain that might require some music courses but who knows.  He is to the right of the tall mike in the center.  He is on the second row from the top.

Once the concert was completed Hubby and I returned to our apartment.  DJ the grand-dog had stayed at our place during the party and concert.  Our kind neighbor had stayed with her for a couple of hours.  We took a bit to sit and relax for a bit.  Then we gathered DJ up and headed to the Son's home to help do the 'tear-down' and cleanup from the party. 

Those younger folks had it 90% + done.  I gathered up most of the things I had taken over for the party.  There were a few bites of cheese and crackers that called my name and got in my mouth.  With almost the entire bottom layer of the cake left over I ask if I could take some to the neighbor.  Please, yes!  Cause no one needs that much cake.  Goodbyes and good jobs as well as hugs and we left for our apartment.  It was 9 PM before we finally were home for the evening.  Unlike my usual 1 to 3 AM bedtime I was lateral before 11 PM.

Today has been pretty laid back for us.  The items I had brought home last night were just put on the washer and dryer.  I did put away all those things.  A runner we used on the Dr. Seuss table needed to be hand washed.  That was washed and hung to dry.  I've been catching up on bloggers I follow and writing a haiku or two.  I know this week's project will be the top of the graduation cap decoration and maybe a bunch of flags for Granddaughter's friends.

Ya'll all have a good night and see you later.

2 comments:

  1. Hari om
    A well earned rest now! Looks fabulous and all the young ones ard clearly happy. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings