privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

May 21, 2019

What day is this?  Not a question most working folks even think about.  A person working outside the home usually has a pretty good grasp on days of the week.  Retirement brings the look of wonder/befuddlement to even a calendar.  It seems I live my life with the days of the week being soccer game night, lacrosse day, track meet day or some doctor appointment.

With graduation of the granddaughter coming up, the track meets are long behind us.  Did I mention her 4 x 400 m relay team broke the 28 year old record for the school?  Yes, she is that fast.  Missed going to state by just a split second.  We had a taste of what the future of days of the week will look like in just 3 more years this past winter.  With 3 of the grandsons benched for broken bodies there were only track which we kept forgetting or was too far to travel and soccer.  There has been so much rain several of the games were cancelled.

But for now I will tick off the days by adding to memes.  Except not this week cause I forgot.  And stuff.   Tomorrow the granddaughter is coming over after school to decorate her grad hat.  That will be about the last thing I will do with her relating to school.  I did spend time resizing some photos of DJ the dog.  I have ordered a yard of fabric with the dog printed on it.  I plan to make a pillow for the granddaughter to take with her to college.

Why a pillow with the dog printed on it?  The dog sleeps with her every night.  She has mentioned how much she will miss having DJ with her.  Not a problem!  The fabric will be 52 inches wide.  One side of the pillow will be a sleeping DJ, the other side has open eyes.  Only she does not know about this so mums the word. 

The fabric is being printed by a company named Spoonflower.  I had fabric printed to make youngest grandson's shirt the year he wanted a Balloon Boy from Friday at Freddie's costume for Christmas.  Have you ever tried to find red and blue strips?  Really big strips?  The shirt material was slightly more than the material for the pillow.  The pillow material is less than $25 including shipping within the US.  Just in case Mara wants to know. 


Well, that is about all I have for now.  Ya'll be safe out there.

4 comments:

  1. Hari om
    Oh yes, I know of spoonflower. What a great surprise that will be! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been pleased with them so far.

      Delete
  2. Oh yes, Spoonflower. My sister and I did a workshop last year that used them. She got her fabric printed, I never did (wasn't happy with it). But with a 50-year anniversary coming up next year, we want to make something special and we thought we would make a quilt or a wall hanging of some sort. Using their photos and stuff. I will have to look into it a bit more closely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use my photoshop program a lot when I work on projects. If my printer would do banners life would be so easy, but no. Oh, yes. I have seen beautiful quilts made with the printed pictures. A friend in Missouri pieces the quilts then has the quilting done by someone else.I think she uses the photo fabric like I have been using for projects.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings