privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Friday, May 31, 2019

May 31, 2019

On Tuesday we left Texas for Oklahoma.  Instead of using the interstate highway we chose to use a lesser highway rout to the Lawton, OK, area.  The road is US 281.  We hoped for a pleasant drive and we were not disappointed.  The roads were bordered with wildflowers as well as the fields.  I will just share photos taken from the moving car as we drove through farm and ranch country.










As we crossed the normally small Red River the weather changed as we approached a weather front.


With all the tornadoes that had been hitting the US in the last month, over 500 confirmed sightings , this ominous cloud formation appeared.  Having been near funnel clouds many times in our lives, believe me we kept a close watch on this cloud for rotation.  While there was a slight amount for a few moments it soon broke apart.   


We still ran into a heavy shower.  Again, we were quickly in sunshine to our left with rain to the right. 












This rainbow followed along side spilling onto houses and fields.



Within a half hour we were at our destination.  Clear skies all around gave no indication we had been in rain and crossed a section of road that had about 3 to 4 inches of water flowing across it.  However the power went off about 11 PM so we called it a night and went to bed. 

The last few days have had more rain and a full day of sunshine.  I have helped sister with her needs of icing on her revision knee replacement.  Mostly I have tried to just be company for her between her naps.  It has been about 18 days since this surgery.  We will be here a few more days.  There is a good chance of bad weather some of the days.  Just part of spring in Tornado Alley.

I'll leave you with a couple of photos of a Hackberry Emperor. A nearby mulberry tree is dropping fruit and there are hundreds of these butterflies feeding on the fruit.




This bunch of Hackberry Emperors are feeding on a spoiling peach.


That is what I have been up to the last few days.  Hope you are having as good a time as I have been having visiting with my sister.

2 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Well... that was a trip and a half! LOVE that fencing. The stormies, not so much. Sending some POTP for sissy and letting you know I got back into the Hutch safely yesterday... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So pleased you are back safe and sound. Hope you recover from the travels very quickly!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings