privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Thursday, May 9, 2019

May 8, 2019

Weather has been much in the front of the news this week.  Rain over the last few weeks has flood control lakes are at capacity.  All the creeks and streams are full, too.  Lots of low water crossings have been closed for several days.  Businesses have had water as deep as 4 feet.  The flash floods recede rather quickly.  The damage remains.

There have been more than a few folks that just know they could drive across the flooded road.  Some folks made it but others have had to be rescued.  A few others have perished.  More rain is coming down as I type.  And that is why I am sitting in my apartment and not on the sidelines of a soccer field.  Rain. 

As for all the party planning that seems to be in control.  All the printing for the sorority application is complete.  Hair cut was done this afternoon.  A new dress for Sunday's brunch purchased for less than just the material would have cost.  That is why I am not inspired to sew much except when using already purchased materials. 

Wild flowers are still in bloom.  Now it is gillardia, aka Indian blanket, Texas yellow star, Fiddleneck, golden groundsill, coreopsis, prairie verbena, granny's nightcap, winecup, greenthread, and a couple varities of primrose.  I could give all the 'real names' but I love the nick names.  The trees a totally leafed out now.  Our patio is shaded a bit more each year by the oak that lives a few meters away from the rail edge.

Quercus fusiformis (Escarpment live oak) #59771
Photographer: Brakebill, Mia
One of the most statuesque trees in this area is the live oak.  The leaves are small in comparison to lots of oak varieties. While the live oak is not a true evergreen is does not shed its leaves in the fall.  Leaves drop as new ones emerge.  These trees grow into beautiful shapes.  They can be huge in the canopy width.  Fyi I just spent almost an hour going through photos on the computer to find my pictures of one of the live oaks.  Not a single one showing the canopy size.  Now I have an assignment.

That is all that has been going on here at the apartment.   


2 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    well, that is more than enough, I guess! all the flowers sound delightful. Stay dry... it's raining here at the moment too! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the drop by and good words. namaste, janice xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings