privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Sunday, May 5, 2019

May 5, 2019 Swimming in Confusion

Today's post is, well, confusing.  With a granddaughter that is in the throes of graduation activities, I am being backup to the DIL on party projects.  And sorority applications.  They pick out things, send digital files and then I print them.  Other times, as with the utility room project, a photo is sent to see how closely I can duplicate it.

This is the example for a table decoration.  I have printed the banner, well, except for the "S" as I ran out of material.  Found dotted material that is 108 inches wide to cover the length of the 10 ft. table.  Found red and black material to use in place of the hog material.

 Crated several versions of the flags in those containers.  Printed purchased files.  Some more than once as the printer and computer and software and 72 year old fingers do not always speak the necessary language at the same time.

For the sorority application, there were 4 different labels to align and print.  3 of the 4 took only one adjustment.  The fourth lead to my using curse words.  Out of about 10 or 12 attempts only 2 printed in the center of the round labels.  One was on draft quality.  The very next on high quality was off an inch.  Only change was from draft to best quality.  Really.  Oh, well, those are in the rear view mirror now.

Now it is on to the next project.  Birthday for youngest grandson, today.  Birthday for a friend in another state.  Order gift card on line to be delivered the day before her birthday.  Next day is DIL birthday.  Will take her into the utility room and sing happy birthday because that was the agreement, we buy the second cabinet and call it this year's gift.

Then there are graduation gifts for 5 graduates.  One granddaughter, her boyfriend, our grandson's bff that we have know most of his life and my two great nephews.  The nephews are graduating from UT with bachelor degrees, one in neuroscience, the other with dual degrees in chemistry and film science.  Both are moving on to graduate school in the fall.

Gifts, parties, end of school activities all rolled up with just the usual things preparing for 3 separate trips in late June and July.  Pretty sure I need a spreadsheet to get my brain functioning and focusing.  Cause I am not quite sure what to start next.


8 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Busy, busy!!! And money, money, money. So the world goes round &*> YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had started this post just before we were to leave to have the birthday dinner. A text from the grandson asked up to come quickly so he could open gifts. Once back home I was able to get the gift cards purchased online. Five gifts out of the way and several dollars distributed to other pockets. If I will make that list I can scratch that off and feel I have accomplished something. LOL. namaste, janice xx

      Delete
  2. I think I lost it half way through reading! Can't imagine how you are coping...

    Klem

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a busy bee! I hope that you are having fun along the way. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness, Janice, you have been so busy and it sounds like you will continue to be so with so many graduations ahead! All the graphic art you made is beautiful--I can't do anything like that. I wish all the new graduates in your life much success in graduate school or in their chosen careers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all have our gifts. That is just something that came to me fairly easily.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings